- Baby bear Bei Bei, at the National Zoo. He is a treasure, and [Maris] and I cannot WAIT to meet him.
Mei and Bei, November 2015.
- Another MLB playoffs without atlanta and with almost no yankees.
- Halloween - and its décor.
- Celebrating five years at the Humane Society of the United States. This is my longest tenure at a job since I left Erol's Video in 1992. I know!
- Our neighbors - the ones whose first dogs ever are pit bulls (poor dogs) - have packed up what we assume is their meth lab and (hopefully) moved away. Now, the wishing for good renters to replace them begins...
- We and our loved ones have not been the victims of a terrorist attack. Yet.
- [Maris] hit five years, too!
- My brother's 20-game plan at Nats Park. Love that Section 405 - close enough to Ben's Chili Bowl, and right next door to the Dogfish Head beer tap.
- Legs. Yes, again. Also, not objectifying women.
- Lionel trains. It's about time. Only been playing with them since about 1975.
- My father-in-law. He left us this year, rather abruptly, and we all miss him, but are thankful to have known him.
- Bryce freakin' Harper. Youngest man ever to win a unanimous MVP vote. Maybe not an easy guy to like, but we love him nonetheless.
- Black-footed ferrets. More on these little cuties later, if my book ever makes its way beyond the walls of my house...
...but which one is Bingo?
- Finding out that the young lady to whom I was assigned as "spiritual steward" has turned out to be utterly secular. My work here is done.
- My first year since 2008 without a novel to show for it. Wait. No. Not good. Not sure I'm thankful for that.
- This Mortal Coil. Such moody music. (nostalgic sigh)
- Marriage equality. Because really, who F-ing cares if everyone has the same rights? Oh wait - we all do (should).
- Richard Blade. Best DJ since Weasel.
- The littlest of my 8 nieces and nephews. Cuz she's just so darn cute!
- The return of Bloom County. I cannot begin to express my gratitude for Berkeley Breathed's comeback, and my relief at finding that reconnecting with his world has been effortless, like picking up a 20-years-dormant conversation with an old friend.
(c) 2015 Berkeley Breathed - used without permission.
- Dame Judi Dench. (swoon)
- While we're at it - Bill Nighy. (equal and opposite swoon)
- The fact that Bubba still talks to me from his grave in the backyard, and that his answer to "how are you" is always, "still dead!" See also: Bubba Drives Away
- Smart phones. When they work, they represent more power and connectivity than even the flying cars people promised us - right there in our pockets!
- Bubbles, because bubbles.
- 10-Cane rum. May it rest in peace - or better still, come back to life. (Moment of silence)
In memory of the finest of the sugar cane rums. Our mojitos will never be the same.
- Attacks of the galloping dumbs, especially when they strike my entire country at once. We're experiencing one right now, and hoo boy, is it ever super-fun!
- [Maris]. Words fail.
- Writing. Not everyone can do it. Fewer still can do it at all well. Apparently, I has write good. Food for (my) thought...
- White noise. Oh, woe unto those around me, should I ever lose my white noise.
This post features double-barrel inclusions of the current Studio30Plus prompt, "Attack." Please check out some of my long-lost bloggy brethren (and sistren) and their bits of written cleverness and mirth!